Microsoft Power Pages: No-Code / Low-Code Solution to Empower Business Growth
Microsoft Power Pages is a secure, enterprise-grade, low-code software as a service (SaaS) platform for creating, hosting, and administering modern external-facing business websites. Microsoft Power Pages is the newest member of the Microsoft Power Platform family. Whether you’re a low-code maker or a professional developer, Microsoft Power Pages enables you to rapidly design, configure, and publish websites that seamlessly work across web browsers and devices. Microsoft Power Pages provides you with rich, customizable templates, a fluid visual experience through a reimagined design studio, and a new, integrated learning hub to quickly build sites that suit your unique business needs. With Power Pages, you can build sites by using the same shared business data stored in Microsoft Dataverse that you use for building apps, workflows, intelligent virtual agents, reports, and analytics with other Microsoft Power Platform components in your organization.
Microsoft Power Pages is the newest member of the Microsoft Power Platform family. Microsoft Power Pages is an evolution of Power Apps portals, and the new features introduced by Power Pages such as the new design studio and templates are in preview for users to try and provide feedback. The general availability of Microsoft Power Pages will be available by the end of 2022 and the preview version is available now. Microsoft Power Pages use sites created using the new Power Pages design studio in production scenarios. All the platform, site admin, and pro-developer capabilities inherited by Power Pages from Power Apps portals are generally available and can be used in production scenarios.
Microsoft Power Pages capabilities:
The users easily create and design professional and secure sites for your business with Microsoft Power Pages. This article provides an overview of key Power Pages capabilities.
1. Simplified authoring experience for makers
Quickly create new sites directly from the Microsoft Power Pages home page by using the default template, or choose existing industry-based starter templates.
2. Design studio
Makers can build powerful and engaging sites without writing a single line of code.
The new and enhanced design studio provides the following workspaces:
- Pages workspace for creating, designing, and arranging webpages
- Style workspace for applying styles and themes to your site
- Data workspace for creating and modifying Microsoft Dataverse tables used in data-driven web applications
- Setup workspace for administration and site management
3. Responsive rendering
Microsoft Power Pages is based on Bootstrap, which natively provides support for building websites that are responsive, mobile-friendly, and available in various form factors.
4. Advanced development capabilities for professional developers
Makers can work with pro developers in fusion teams to extend the functionality using Visual Studio Code and the Microsoft Power Platform CLI to create powerful business application websites.
5. Security and governance
Microsoft Power Pages inbuilt security is its core. It allows organizations to securely enable access of their business data to their users (internal or external) through Power Pages authorization rules. More information: Power Pages security
- Organizations using Microsoft Power Pages can choose from various authentication providers or allow access to site content anonymously. More information: Configure authentication
- Microsoft Power Pages is hosted as Azure App Service, which has International Organization for Standardization (ISO), System and Organization Controls (SOC), and Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) compliance. More information: Microsoft Trust Center
- Microsoft Power Pages supports modern TLS crypto standards (TLS 1.2) and has built-in Azure DDoS protection. It also supports dynamic IP restrictions to limit traffic from bad actors and provides secure, configuration-driven mechanisms for admins to address top web security vulnerabilities such as injection attacks, cross-site request forgery, and server-side request forgery.
- We can configure Microsoft Power Pages to use edge caching and web application firewall (WAF) capabilities. More information: Set up Azure Front Door with portals.
Microsoft Power Pages provides some helpful tools for administrators to manage the administration and lifecycle of their sites and environments.
6. Integration with other Microsoft Power Platform components
Microsoft Power Pages provides deep integration with other Microsoft Power Platform components.
- Microsoft Dataverse enables users to securely store and manage data that’s used by business applications and your Power Pages sites. Use model-driven app constructs like forms, views, charts, and dashboards to easily surface Dataverse data.
- Microsoft Power Apps enables anyone to create no-code/low-code custom mobile and web apps to share and collect data and streamline business processes. Using Power Apps to create an app that uses SharePoint to store content is a popular way to quickly build basic intranet sites, whereas Power Pages is ideal for websites focused on external audiences that require more secure access to your business information.
- Microsoft Power Automate simplifies the creation of automated workflows. With Power Pages, use Power Automate for plug-ins, workflows, automated cloud flows, or to extend business logic and interact with data and events coming and going in and out of Dataverse.
- Microsoft Power BI allows anyone to access visually immersive and interactive insights from business data. With Power Pages, integrate with Power BI to access components like reports, dashboards, and tiles. Use the embed capability to surface data that sits outside of Dataverse.
- Power Virtual Agents enables teams to easily create and publish AI-driven chatbot experiences. With Power Pages, add chatbots to your external-facing websites for a myriad of business purposes.
VISTAS is a strongly committed Microsoft Power Platform expert and a certified Microsoft Partner. We provide complete life-cycle solutions to implement Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central, Collaboration solutions like Microsoft Dynamics 365 Intelligent Order Management, Cloud Solutions, and Custom Application development services. We have a proven record of more than a decade of service in Microsoft Dynamics 365 with an excellent IT engineering team.