Overview of Microsoft 365 Lighthouse for Managed Services
Microsoft 365 Lighthouse is an admin portal that helps Managed Service Providers (MSPs) secure and manage devices, data, and users at scale for small- and medium-sized business (SMB) customers who are using Microsoft 365 Business Premium or Microsoft 365 E3/E5, A3/A5. Microsoft Lighthouse simplifies onboarding of Microsoft 365 Business Premium and Microsoft 365 E3 tenants by recommending security configuration baselines tailored to SMB customers and providing multi-tenant views across all customer environments. With Lighthouse, MSPs can scale the management of their customers, focus on what’s most important, quickly find and investigate risks, and take action to get their customers to a healthy and secure state.
Microsoft 365 Lighthouse benefits
Lighthouse helps MSPs secure and manage Microsoft 365 services and connected endpoints at scale by:
- Enabling the monitoring and management of device compliance across customers from one place. With this capability, you can understand what policies are in place, review the status of devices across customers, and compare these across customers. This helps you work toward standardization so you can manage your customer base efficiently at scale.
- Providing tenant deployment journeys so technicians can follow a consistent set of steps to secure and configure customer tenants.
- Using a default SMB security baseline that prescribes best practices targeted to small- and medium-sized business tenants.
- Providing multi-tenant insights on device compliance for a clear view of how devices are being evaluated across all organizations, tools to compare policies, and the top settings that aren’t being met.
- Simplifying common tasks like resetting a password.
- Configuring multifactor authentication and self-service password reset, including tools to help drive adoption by users.
- Understanding and protecting against risky sign-ins.
- Managing threats on Windows 10 devices by providing details on threats detected by Microsoft 365 Defender and actions to take to resolve issues and keep devices up to date. With this, you will have one place to see which devices in your business are running Defender Antivirus, whether those are up to date, whether they have any active threats, and where an action – such as a reboot, required update, or overdue scan – is needed. You will also be able to view active threats in your environment, understand which users and devices are affected by them, which of these were blocked or quarantined, and where a review is needed.
- Providing insights into Microsoft 365 service incidents and advisories that impact the customer tenants they manage.
- Lighthouse simplifies and automates user access management. You can view a single list of all the users you manage across your customers, so you can quickly perform common but time-consuming tasks—reset a password, block access, assign a license, delegate access to a mailbox or OneDrive, change group membership—without having to log in and log out of individual customer tenants. Lighthouse will also provide insights into risky sign-ins and show conditional access policy settings across customers.
Microsoft 365 Lighthouse will help you reduce the operational overhead of the business by enabling onboard, monitor and manage your Microsoft 365 customers from one place. At VISTAS, we have over a decade of experience serving small to medium-size businesses with all business needs, including manufacturing.