Microsoft Teams Premium – Administrator Guidelines
Microsoft Teams is a cloud-based collaboration platform designed for teams to communicate and collaborate on projects in real-time. It is part of the Microsoft 365 suite of applications and is available for desktop and mobile devices. Microsoft Teams allow users to create and join virtual meetings, share files, and communicate through chat, video, and voice calls. It also provides features such as screen sharing, recording, and scheduling of meetings. Teams can also integrate with Microsoft apps such as SharePoint, OneNote, and Planner. Microsoft Teams is widely used by businesses and organizations of all sizes to facilitate remote work, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic. Educational institutions also use it for online learning and by non-profit organizations for virtual meetings and events.
Features of Microsoft Teams Premium:
Microsoft Teams Premium provides additional features and capabilities to help organizations manage and secure their Teams environment better. Here’s a brief overview of each enhancement:
- Enhanced Meeting Experiences: Microsoft Teams Premium offers a range of advanced meeting features, such as the ability to hold meetings with up to 1,000 participants, access to Microsoft Teams Live Events, and the ability to record meetings and save them to OneDrive for Business or SharePoint.
- Enhanced Security and Protection: With Microsoft Teams Premium, you get additional security and compliance features, such as Advanced Threat Protection for Teams, which helps protect against phishing and malware attacks, and Data Loss Prevention (DLP) policies, which help prevent sensitive information from being shared inappropriately.
- Enhanced Administrative and Telemetry Support: Teams Premium provides additional administrative controls and telemetry data to help organizations manage and optimize their Teams environment. This includes the ability to manage user settings and policies at a granular level and access to usage analytics and insights to help identify areas for improvement.
Microsoft Team Premium Enhancements:
The following sections are Microsoft Teams Premium enhancements:
- Protected meetings
- Custom meetings
- Premium events
- Virtual Appointments
Teams Premium provides additional ways to safeguard meetings with the following key features:
- Sensitivity labels – Extended capabilities for sensitivity labels to control meeting settings normally controlled by the meeting organizer. These capabilities include new settings to control lobby, chat, chat copy, presentation, and recording functions.
- Watermarking – Enforced through a sensitivity label. Watermarks display the email address of a meeting participant, which is useful for protecting confidential information shared in meetings.
- End-to-end encryption – Enforced through a sensitivity label. End-to-end encryption provides increased security for meetings that require a higher level of protection.
Teams Premium provides the following additional features for customizing meetings:
- Meeting templates – Used to control meeting settings that the meeting organizer normally controls. With templates, you can create consistent meeting experiences in your organization and help enforce compliance requirements and business rules.
- Meeting themes – Allows your organization to extend their visual identities across the meeting experience. You can set up and create meeting themes for a variety of business units and departments within a single tenant.
- Custom meeting backgrounds for organizations – You can create and define custom meeting backgrounds that are then available to your end users with a Teams Premium license.
- Custom together mode scenes for organizations – You can create, customize, or accept custom together mode scenes for meetings that are then available to your end users with a Teams Premium license.
Teams Premium provides an advanced webinar experience for your users with the new Teams Events policy. While continuing to support registration and tracking, the new policy will also provide functionality for meeting hosts and organizers, such as:
- Terms and conditions custom question – To present to attendees.
- Presenter bio – To include information about presenters.
- Banner, logo, and predefined color – To present a customized visual webinar experience.
- Advanced registration capabilities – Including manual approval, waitlist, registration date and time limit.
- Registration overview and management – For each event, a summary of registration status with lists of attendees in different registration states–depending on which registration features have been enabled.
Advanced Virtual Appointments
With any Microsoft 365 license, your end users can use basic Virtual Appointments capabilities to schedule and join business-to-customer meetings. For example, users can schedule appointments in the Bookings calendar and external attendees can join through a browser without having to download Teams.
Teams Premium provides advanced Virtual Appointment capabilities, such as:
- SMS notifications
- Custom waiting room
- A queue of scheduled and on-demand appointments
Vistas Cloud is a pioneer in Microsoft 365, Dynamics 365 Business Central, and Azure. This platform is a comprehensive solution that can help businesses streamline their operations and improve customer experiences. Having a team of experts to support its implementation and management can be invaluable. In addition to installing and setting up Microsoft Dynamics 365, Vistas Cloud provides training and education for users to ensure they can effectively use the platform to meet their unique business needs.