Elevate Security with Microsoft Defender for Business
Microsoft is unique as one of the world’s top cloud providers and the most significant security company. Microsoft Defender for Business is a new endpoint security solution designed especially for small and medium-sized businesses (up to 300 employees). This endpoint security solution protects your business devices from ransomware, malware, phishing, and other threats. Microsoft Defender provides new and better ways of delivering security with all features of Sentinel, cloud-native SIEM (Security Information and Event Management), and Partners jumped XDR (extended detection and response) service offerings, powered by Azure. Microsoft Defender works seamlessly and provides with Microsoft 365 ecosystem. Microsoft Defender for Business provides next-generation enterprise-grade security for SMBs
Capabilities of Microsoft Defender
Microsoft Defender combines security information management and security event management to provide real-time analysis of security alerts generated by applications and network hardware. It matches events against rules and analytics engines and indexes them for sub-second search to detect and analyze advanced threats using globally gathered intelligence. This gives security teams both insight into and a track record of the activities within their IT environment by providing data analysis, event correlation, aggregation, reporting, and log management. Microsoft Defender for business does the following:
- Gathers logs, events, and security information from the various sources in your IT environment.
- Normalizes the collected logs, events, and security information into a standard format.
- Stores events in a file-based data storage or Hadoop-based scalable storage with flexible, customizable data retention policies.
- Collects IP Flow data and helps you monitor network activities in detail.
- Provides the ability to hierarchically link multiple Sentinel systems, including Sentinel Log Manager.
- Performs a statistical analysis that allows you to define a baseline and then compares it to what is occurring, to determine if there are unseen problems.
- Correlates a set of similar or comparable events in a specific duration to determine a pattern.
- Organizes events into incidents for efficient response management and tracking.
- Provides reports based on real time and historical events.
- Custom dashboards and alert workflow management
- Collects and automatically multiple data points across multiple security layers – email, endpoint, server, cloud workload, and network. This allows for faster detection of threats and improved investigation and response times through security analysis.
- Integration with Microsoft 365 Business Central products
- Features of Microsoft Defender
The features and capabilities of Microsoft Defender for Business is shown concisely in the Figure below. Microsoft Defender for Business can help protect the devices and data your business uses with:
- Enterprise-grade security: Microsoft Defender for Business brings powerful endpoint security capabilities from our industry-leading Microsoft Defender for Endpoint solution and optimizes those capabilities for IT administrators to support small and medium-sized businesses.
- An easy-to-use security solution: Microsoft Defender for Business (preview) offers streamlined experiences that guide you to action with recommendations and insights into the security of your endpoints. No specialized knowledge is required, because Defender for Business (preview) offers wizard-driven configuration and default security policies that are designed to help protect your company’s devices from day one.
- Flexibility for your environment: Microsoft Defender for Business can work with your business environment, whether you are using the Microsoft Cloud, on-premises technology, or non-Microsoft productivity solutions. Microsoft Defender for Business works with components that are built into Windows, and with apps for macOS, iOS, and Android devices.
- Integration with Microsoft 365: It work seamlessly with Microsoft 365 with Defender for Business with security incidents and alerts across customer tenants that are onboard.
The Microsoft Defender for Business provides security services, shall revolutionize partner services and business models with VISTAS Cloud technology Solutions support. We have more than a decade of experience in administering Microsoft 365 for businesses and have worked tirelessly alongside partner and customer teams to outpace the frequency and reach of cybercriminals that threaten organizations of all sizes and sectors.