Conversational AI, Automation, and Collaboration Capabilities in Microsoft Dynamics 365
New updates were introduced in modules of Microsoft Dynamics 365 with emphasis on AI, automation, and collaborative solutions which shall help businesses to be more efficient, engage better across teams and departments and deliver more breakthrough customer experiences. These new application modules help in running the business better by connecting people, data, and processes, with more agility and reduced complexity. These updates will be online on release wave 2 (starting November 4, 2022) to help the business organizations to adapt to change, innovate, and modernize the processes across the structures —from sales to service to supply chain and finance.
What is new with AI and Automation for Microsoft Dynamics 365?
- Empower sellers to focus on closing deals with Microsoft Viva Sales, the new seller experience application is now available.
- Make every sales conversation more useful and engaging with conversation intelligence, available for no extra charge in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales Enterprise and Microsoft Viva Sales.
- Create more consistent sales processes with sequencing for sales in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales.
- Enable service agents to better serve customers with AI-generated conversation summaries in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer Service.
- Collaborate in the flow of work with new integrations between Microsoft Teams and Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Solve complex service cases faster by collaborating with subject matter experts over Teams within Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer Service.
- Enable Teams users to access Microsoft Dynamics 365 data without a Microsoft Dynamics 365 license.
Improve Employee and Customer experiences with AI and automation
The new update features continue to infuse AI and automation into business processes, driving more effective customer journeys. The updates will help marketers, sellers, and service agents to hyper-personalize customer experiences.
Unlimited conversation intelligence for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales Enterprise and Viva Sales
Sellers can take advantage of new AI capabilities that help them prioritize their work and surface in-context collaboration experiences that can reclaim time to engage more authentically and efficiently. Microsoft Viva Sales is a seller experience application that uses Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Teams to automatically capture, access, and register data into any customer relationship management (CRM) system. It is designed to help sellers work the way they want to without unnecessary context switching and manual data entry. It brings together the applications with daily—CRM, Microsoft 365, and Microsoft Teams—to provide a more streamlined and AI-powered selling experience.
Now generally available, Viva Sales is a new seller experience application that brings together any customer relationship management (CRM) system, Microsoft 365, and Teams to provide a more streamlined and AI-powered selling experience. Viva Sales captures customer insights and deal insights from Microsoft 365—including Outlook emails and Teams chats—and then populates it within any CRM system, eliminating manual data entry and freeing time to focus on selling. Additionally, while meeting with customers in a Teams call, sellers can record and transcribe the meeting to get a rich summary using conversation intelligence. The meeting summary helps sellers understand the overall sentiment of the customer call and tracks conversation key performance indicators (KPIs), such as a seller’s talk-to-listen ratio.
Conversation intelligence through AI will change the way sellers engage with customers, and we want to make it available to as many sellers as possible. That’s why we are announcing that users of both Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales Enterprise and Viva Sales have full access to conversation intelligence capabilities at no extra charge. Following is feature updates, coming to preview early next year, for sales conversation intelligence, including:
- Real-time, in-conversation content suggestions: As sellers engage customers on a Teams call or meeting, they will be guided with content to share or help inform the conversation, such as product and pricing details and competitive battle cards—all surfaced in real time as they chat.
- Recommended resources and insights: Content such as talking points, important mentions, customer sentiment, and conversation style—help provide a deeper understanding of what comprises winning sales strategies and how sellers’ behaviors directly correlate to business results.
- Email intelligence: This supports sellers suggesting prompts for updates needed in the CRM for business
Enable sales journey orchestration with new sequencing for sales features
A new AI-powered sequencing for sales capabilities for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales help create consistent step-by-step activities for sellers to perform in the selling process, giving them a better understanding of what to do next. With sequencing for sales, sellers are empowered to build similar customer journeys ensuring the best experiences for their customers and their sellers. All these updates join a host of new features for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales and Microsoft Dynamics 365 Marketing, which introduce moments-based marketing with real-time journey orchestration, using AI to market at scale and achieve higher levels of marketing maturity.
Empower service agents to always exceed customer expectations
As a frontline for customer satisfaction and retention, service agents need modern tools to scale the personalized support customers need. In the 2022 release wave 2, the focus is on enriching contact centers with AI and automation across every engagement channel. Earlier this year, we introduced the Microsoft Digital Contact Center Platform, an open, extensible, and collaborative contact center solution. The platform is powered by Microsoft Dynamics 365, Teams, Microsoft Power Platform, and Nuance—delivering best-in-class AI that powers self-service experiences, live customer engagements, collaborative agent experiences, business process automation, advanced telephony, and fraud prevention capabilities.
Introducing the ability to automate an AI-generated conversation summary in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer Service when an agent uses the embedded Teams capabilities is a new feature addition. This accelerates issue resolution with an auto-generated structured conversation summary that shares context, including the summary of the customer issue and the result of the resolution, tried by the agent. In addition, agents can review a customer’s previous chat history to get visibility and context to conversations. This is especially helpful in scenarios where a customer service agent has a case transferred to them.
Ways to collaborate in the flow of work with Microsoft Teams and Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Context IQ is a new set of capabilities for Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Microsoft 365 that enables business users to access documents and records, colleagues across the organization, and conversations in the flow of work, whether from within Microsoft Dynamics 365 or Microsoft 365 applications.
- Microsoft Teams are embedded within Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales, helping sellers to team up with other sellers and subject matter experts to close deals faster. Now, the new version extends the integrated Teams experience to other Microsoft Dynamics 365 applications.
- Now service agents can engage with colleagues over Teams chat right from within Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer Service. This enables agents to solve complex service cases faster by easily collaborating with subject matter experts within the organization, such as agents from other departments, supervisors, customer service peers, or support experts. Chats over Teams will be linked directly to customer service records, enabling a contextual experience.
- With Microsoft Dynamics embedded in Teams, people can collaborate on critical initiatives and projects directly where they connect. SMBs can now ensure that all team members are empowered with Context IQ—access to the right information and insights contextually, wherever, and however they work.
For small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs), 2022 release wave 2 updates for Microsoft Dynamics 365 include new ways to collaborate and share data over Teams. Starting November 4, 2022, Microsoft Teams users will have access to Microsoft Dynamics data from within the collaboration app, regardless of whether they have a Microsoft Dynamics 365 license. Admins will be able to set permission and access rules to restrict access to business records. Microsoft Dynamics users can invite people from across the organization to connect and collaborate in the flow of work, no matter where they work. Vistas Cloud is the global IT specialist on Microsoft Dynamics 365. We’re technology advisers with several years of experience, transforming businesses across the globe. With finance at our core, we help build and support SMB & SME businesses from the ground up, utilizing cloud technology to help you do and achieve more. Our technology support strategy allows businesses to move to Microsoft Dynamics 365 and track their business to success.